Sign the Petition to Support Public, Educational and Government (PEG) Access Television
Send a Letter to Congressional Representatives Using Congress.Org
Congress.Org has a simple way to send your Congressional Representatives an email asking for support of the CAP Act. Simply click here to get started! (For “Issue Area” choose “Technology” or “Telecommunications.”)
Don’t Know What to Say? Try This Copy and Paste:
“I support Public, Educational and Government (PEG) access television in my community. PEG access television is an important resource for city and county council meetings; K-12 information; high school, community college and university distance learning and education; nonprofit and religious programming; and individual community programming.
The Community Access Preservation Act (CAP Act) will protect and preserve these local community channels. Please co-sponsor and vote for the CAP Act.”
You can personalize your message by including information on your favorite shows or how you never miss a city council meeting or how important being able to view your religious services are to you.
It really is that simple! Be sure to thank your legislator for their support. And let us know if you receive a response. Contact us here.
Contact Congress Apps for Your Smart Phone
These two free apps will help you keep in touch with your Congressional Representatives. Use these apps to call your Congressional offices or to go to their websites and send them an email message. For Droid use this app. For iPhone use this link. Let us know how your contacts go! Contact us here.
Visit Your Legislator
- We will give you the support and materials you need for your visit.
- We will help you set up a visit with your legislator in D.C.
Visit Your Legislator in the States
- 2013 state legislative sessions. Use this link to see the State Legislative Calendar published by StateNet.com State Legislative Calendar
Pass a Resolution in Support of the CAP Act
- Read ACT’s Sample Resolution in Support of the CAP Act and see Resolutions from Municipalities for ideas.
Other Actions to Take Now
- Invite your legislator into your access television center for an interview
- Invite the legislator to do a show
- Tell your legislator about the shows you watch on your local PEG channels
- Tell the legislator about the show you produce on the channel
- Cover your legislator’s events
- Let us know what interaction you have with your legislator, it could be help for ACT hill visits!