Every access center or channel serves dozens if not hundreds of nonprofit entites, government agencies, educational institutions and individuals. Ask those you serve to write a letter to your congressional legislator or your local elected officials in support of the CAP Act. Send us a copy of the letters written on your behalf and on behalf of CAP.
Special Announcement: The United States Conference of Catholics Bishops has sent a letter to every member of the House asking for the passage of the CAP Act! Read it here
Here is a letter to Mayors from four Mayors in California in support of the CAP Act. Please take this letter to your elected municipal officials and ask them to contact your legislators.
Below is a sample letter in PDF and Word. The PDF version contains sticky notes that make suggestions on how to use the letter.
- Sample Letter for Municipalities, Nonprofits, Educational Institutions 2011 with sticky notes
- Sample Letter for Municipalities, Nonprofits, Educational Institutions in Word for editing
Use the letters below as inspiration for other ways to communicate the importance of PEG. All are PDF format.
- Letter of Support from Sonoma County
- Letters of Support from Las Vegas
- Letter to Legislators from the Mayor of Fresno California
- Letter from the California League of Cities
- Letter from Metro North Chamber of Commerce
- Letter of Support From Former Director of Army Newswatch
- Letter of Support by Mayor of Houston
- Dear Colleague Letter from Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin
- Kenton County, Kentucky Support Letter
- Letter of Support from City of Roseville, California, Mayor